Welcome to the Bitfighter wiki pages. Bitfighter is a community project, so please help build these pages out where you can.
Bitfighter is a multi-player team-based space combat game. It's fast, fun, and frenetic. There are many game modes and unique maps. Players can (and do) create maps by using the built-in map editor. It's space exploration for warfare, construction, and beyond!
Bitfighter is designed for Windows, Linux, and OS X, and has an active development team.
- What Is Bitfighter?
- Game types
- Ship configuration (weapons & modules)
- Hosting a game
- Playing tips
- How to be a good teammate
- INI File
- Command line parameters
- Bitfighter:Current events - This is where games are scheduled. Also check the "Announcements" subforum of the Bitfighter forums for more announcements about events!
- Hosting multiple servers on Linux
- Hosting a Dedicated Server in OS X
- Hosting a dedicated server on Windows
- Updating a Linux server to the latest code
- Creating plugins
- Add the Bitfighter logo in your levels
- Change the delay time for teleporters
- Make a SpeedZone rotate
Lua Bitfighter Programming Utilities
Bitfighter Projects and Social Media
- Pleiades Online Level Database!
- Game Reports
- Player Statistics, curated by kaen
- Bitbuntu Spectator Feed, developed by Fordcars
- PlayBitfighter Twitter Feed, maintained by sky_lark and community
- PlayBitfighter Facebook Page, maintained by sky_lark and community
- PlayBitfighter Steam Group, maintained by Little Apple and community
Want to get involved? Then we want you! See the "Get Involved!" section (above) to see what we need done, and the "Contact" section to get in touch with the devs.
- History of Bitfighter
- Development roadmap
- Getting the source code
- Building Bitfighter
- Contribute using Mercurial
- Release checklist
- Ideas for triggers
- Ideas for Achievements
- Bitfighter Wikipedia Submission
- GSOC ideas
- Online reviews and links
Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.