FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Just curious...

Forum rules
Before posting a bug report, please make sure you have tested your issue against the most recent Bitfighter build! Download it here.
<<

watusimoto

Site Admin

Post Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:24 pm

Just curious...

...has anyone tried playing against Unknown's robots on the 013 server? What do you think about 1) the robots 2) the concept of robots 3) is it fun?
<<

karamazovapy

Post Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:47 pm

Re: Just curious...

With the current amount of lag, it wouldn't really be fun no matter how good the bots are. I'd start by eliminating two of the bots.
<<

Unknown

Post Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:06 pm

Agreed. It's lagging a bit too much when a full-on fight breaks out. With Lua-scripted bots I think it is necessary to use multiple cores. Lua is a language slow by nature because it is interpreted.
BTW, if you could get Lua to compile somehow rather than be interpreted, I bet it would go WAY faster.
<<

watusimoto

Site Admin

Post Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:50 pm

Lua is supposed to be one of the best performing embeddable languages out there. When I get this release out, I'd like to figure out how to profile the QuickBot and see where it spends its time.

Nonetheless, I've knocked the bots down to 4; maybe that will work better.
<<

karamazovapy

Post Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:28 am

I just ran into a pretty awesome bug where three of the four bots turned invincible. Literally. They couldn't be harmed by me or each other. Both reds and both blues in the blue base, each with the opponent's flag, two invincible reds, one invincible blue. Happened near the end of the game.

Made it happen again. Not sure how or why, but I'm sure you can make it happen, too.
<<

ZoombeR

Post Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:04 pm

oh yeah and their ship icon gets glitched up when they go through a teleporter (least for me)
<<

Skybax

Post Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:36 am

Bot's go invincible if they are zapped a certain amount of times. It happens more for me if they are zapped by other bots or turrets.

And yes, when bots go through a teleporter, their ships become these little white dots that fly around. I am dubbing it the firefly glitch. :lol:
raptor wrote:Sorry Skybax, I hijacked your signature so I could post lots of info.
Whittling While wrote:Does this mean I finally get quoted in someone's signature?
watusimoto wrote:Who are the devs around here?!?

Return to 013 Pre-Release Issues