Welcome to the April 2017 Level Design Contest! In this contest, you will be tasked with making the most out of a small space. Use imagination, technique and passion to craft the best level(s) possible and win prizes!
- • The main play area of your level must be contained within a 6x6 grid. You may use less space but not more. See template.
• You may decorate areas outside of the 6x6 grid, and change up the border as you see fit, but players may not be able to leave the 6x6 grid playing area.
• An optional exception to the above is that you may add one 2x2 grid area (outside of the main grid) for each team present. Each area may only be accessed by one team. Think spawn control etc, but up to you. See template for example.
• Level time must be 6 minutes or less.
• Only TEAM-based levels will be eligible for prizes, but you may submit free-for-all levels for fun.
- • You may rotate the grids
• You may use less space than 6x6 in the main playing area or 2x2 in the extra areas
• You do not have to use a square border if you choose to use less space than 6x6 or 2x2 in their respective areas
• You may have no border if you wish, the playing area just must be contained within the 6x6 grid. What this means is that there should be no reason for players to exit the playing area and play outside of it. If players still do, that's fine just so long as there's no specific design for it.
- • Creativity – What separates your level from the rest?
• Aesthetics – Is your level pretty or interesting to look at?
• Structure – Does your level play well? Is it free of glitches?
• Entertainment – Is your level FUN to play?
- • Monday, April 10 – Contest announced
• Sunday, April 23 at 12:00pm ET – Submission deadline
• Sunday, April 23 at 8:00pm ET – First party
• Monday, April 24 – Feedback period begins
• Friday, April 28 at 12:00pm ET – Edit deadline
• Friday, April 28 at 8:00pm ET – Second party
• Saturday, April 29 – Voting, stage 1
• Tuesday, May 2 – Voting, stage 2
• Friday, May 5 – Voting, final stage
• Friday, May 5 at 8:00pm ET – Third party
• Sunday, May 7 at 11:59pm ET – Voting closes
• Monday, May 8 – Results announced… and next month’s theme (pending good turnout)
PRIZES! If you...
- • …submit one (1) level and you win, enjoy $5!
• …submit two (2) levels and you win, enjoy $10!
• …submit three (3) or more levels and you win, enjoy $20!
• …finish in second place, enjoy $5!
• …and seven (7) other users (excluding me) submit at least one level, the overall winner will enjoy an extra $7!
Remember only team-based levels will be eligible for prizes … Level designers MUST remain anonymous; I can be your middleman if you want to discuss a public comment … Voting will be conducted through an external google form to ensure no bamboozles … Low-effort joke levels are accepted but will not be eligible for prizes (humor is fine, just put in some effort) … At least five users or a comparable number of maps (my discretion need to be submitted to give away prizes (seriously, not hard) ... I reserve the right to disqualify and/or amend the above … Prizes will be given through Paypal/Venmo, Amazon, or gift card from here (if able).