FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Port Forwarding help

<<

Lamp

User avatar

Posts: 426

Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:07 pm

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:38 pm

Port Forwarding help

Bobdaduck said to port forward for a port or watever so My server doesn't always show up as "Ping Timed Out".

But I forgot what port to forward.


Cisco Connect software doesn't work on Mountain Lion, so to configure the router, I have to go to 192.168.1.1 in a web browser to Manually configure it.
<<

raptor

Posts: 1021

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:03 pm

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:40 pm

Re: Port Forwarding help

Moved to 'Technical Support'
<<

bobdaduck

User avatar

Global Moderator

Posts: 741

Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:39 pm

Location: Utah

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:48 pm

Re: Port Forwarding help

Open port 28000 (that's the default bitfighter goes through).

Its in my router settings under NAT/QoS, so if you see a menu that says that that's where I'd check.
Little_Apple wrote:DnD: the REAL bitfighter levelgen documentation
<<

Lamp

User avatar

Posts: 426

Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:07 pm

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:23 pm

Re: Port Forwarding help

raptor wrote:Moved to 'Technical Support'


No wonder I couldn't find it in General Discussion. I thought it was never posted or deleted or something :P

bobdaduck wrote:Open port 28000 (that's the default bitfighter goes through).

Its in my router settings under NAT/QoS, so if you see a menu that says that that's where I'd check.


Screen Shot 2013-02-12 at 2.22.44 PM.png


I'm in the QoS tab. Now what?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image
<<

bobdaduck

User avatar

Global Moderator

Posts: 741

Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:39 pm

Location: Utah

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:30 pm

Re: Port Forwarding help

The tabs underneath it, that say "single port forwarding" or "port range forwarding."

You need to open port 28000 with your IP both ways under a certain protocol which I forget. My router has an option for "both" which I went with.
Little_Apple wrote:DnD: the REAL bitfighter levelgen documentation
<<

raptor

Posts: 1021

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:03 pm

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:53 pm

Re: Port Forwarding help

Use protocol UDP.
<<

Lamp

User avatar

Posts: 426

Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:07 pm

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:58 pm

Re: Port Forwarding help

Now what?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image
<<

bobdaduck

User avatar

Global Moderator

Posts: 741

Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:39 pm

Location: Utah

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:54 pm

Re: Port Forwarding help

Click buttons and fill in boxes.


I dunno, type 28000 into a few boxes, and your gateway IP into another, protocol UDP, and then see if someone can see your server.
Little_Apple wrote:DnD: the REAL bitfighter levelgen documentation
<<

Lamp

User avatar

Posts: 426

Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:07 pm

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:52 pm

Re: Port Forwarding help

IT WORKED :D :D :D :D :D :zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image
<<

Quartz

User avatar

Posts: 879

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:14 am

Location: Commie California

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:38 pm

Re: Port Forwarding help

Lamp wrote:IT WORKED :D :D :D :D :D :zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance:

Image
Exploits of Quartz and bobdaduck - My maps on Pleiades
Current self-serving quote:
raptor wrote:sometimes I think getting Quartz to use plugins is like getting my mom to use a computer
<<

Lamp

User avatar

Posts: 426

Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:07 pm

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:47 pm

Re: Port Forwarding help

:|
Image
<<

Lamp

User avatar

Posts: 426

Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:07 pm

Post Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:57 pm

Re: Port Forwarding help

:?: What does port forwarding do and how will it affect me?
Image
<<

bobdaduck

User avatar

Global Moderator

Posts: 741

Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:39 pm

Location: Utah

Post Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:00 pm

Re: Port Forwarding help

Lamp wrote::?: What does port forwarding do and how will it affect me?


It makes it so people can see your servername instead of pingtimedout.

Also helps some with connectivity issues and such.

I *think* its like opening a mini-hole in your firewall for bitfighter to get through.
Little_Apple wrote:DnD: the REAL bitfighter levelgen documentation
<<

amgine

Posts: 1314

Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:57 pm

Post Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:04 pm

Re: Port Forwarding help

i had a idea what if bf 3was made to somhow recover the server name ( no ideas there) and the nubmer of players ( number of i.ps on maybe?) and bots ( not sure there either) but leave the ping saying -999 so they know its aslwo server inst4ead of having ping timed out and being able to recive no info on the server?
Bitfighter Forever.
<<

Lamp

User avatar

Posts: 426

Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:07 pm

Post Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:28 pm

Re: Port Forwarding help

bobdaduck wrote:
Lamp wrote::?: What does port forwarding do and how will it affect me?


It makes it so people can see your servername instead of pingtimedout.

Also helps some with connectivity issues and such.

I *think* its like opening a mini-hole in your firewall for bitfighter to get through.


But if it's like putting a hole in the wall, couldn't hackers and monsters crawl in?
Image
<<

Lamp

User avatar

Posts: 426

Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:07 pm

Post Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:29 pm

Re: Port Forwarding help

And what does it mean when bitfighter says "Punching Through Firewalls"? Does it mean bitfighter is hacking thE firewall?
Image
<<

Fordcars

User avatar

Posts: 983

Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:51 pm

Location: Some city, somewhere

Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:22 pm

Re: Port Forwarding help

Nah, when it says 'Punching through Firewalls', it just means that Bitfighter is getting around your firewall. All things that use internet do this, well that's what I think.
skybax: Why is this health pack following me?
bobdaduck: uh, it likes you.
<<

amgine

Posts: 1314

Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:57 pm

Post Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:33 pm

Re: Port Forwarding help

Fordcars wrote:Nah, when it says 'Punching through Firewalls', it just means that Bitfighter is getting around your firewall. All things that use internet do this, well that's what I think.


yes most internet sites do do this but whwn it has to go tough a server to get to your comp thne it gets PTO somtimes.....
Bitfighter Forever.
<<

Fordcars

User avatar

Posts: 983

Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:51 pm

Location: Some city, somewhere

Post Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:08 pm

Re: Port Forwarding help

Completely everything related to internet has a server somewhere
skybax: Why is this health pack following me?
bobdaduck: uh, it likes you.
<<

Santiago ZAP

User avatar

Posts: 285

Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 8:05 am

Post Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:19 pm

Re: Port Forwarding help

Lamp wrote::?: What does port forwarding do and how will it affect me?

It can make hackers get into your firewall easier I think
xd
<<

amgine

Posts: 1314

Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:57 pm

Post Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:05 pm

Re: Port Forwarding help

if it exists its on the internet...........
Bitfighter Forever.
<<

Lamp

User avatar

Posts: 426

Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:07 pm

Post Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:08 pm

Re: Port Forwarding help

I think bitfighter should automatically try to connect to all servers when loading the list so you dont see Ping Timed Outs
Image
<<

amgine

Posts: 1314

Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:57 pm

Post Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:17 pm

Re: Port Forwarding help

amgine wrote:i had a idea what if bf 3was made to somhow recover the server name ( no ideas there) and the nubmer of players ( number of i.ps on maybe?) and bots ( not sure there either) but leave the ping saying -999 so they know its aslwo server inst4ead of having ping timed out and being able to recive no info on the server?


jsut a idea.......
Bitfighter Forever.
<<

Little_Apple

User avatar

Posts: 829

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:31 pm

Location: Zanzibar Land

Post Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:31 pm

Re: Port Forwarding help

amgine wrote:
amgine wrote:i had a idea what if bf 3was made to somhow recover the server name ( no ideas there) and the nubmer of players ( number of i.ps on maybe?) and bots ( not sure there either) but leave the ping saying -999 so they know its aslwo server inst4ead of having ping timed out and being able to recive no info on the server?


jsut a idea.......

just* an* idea
Hee-ho!
<<

Lamp

User avatar

Posts: 426

Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:07 pm

Post Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:30 pm

Re: Port Forwarding help

:lol:
Image
<<

Fordcars

User avatar

Posts: 983

Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:51 pm

Location: Some city, somewhere

Post Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:17 pm

Re: Port Forwarding help

Actually, port forwarding is safe and easy. I use it all the time for Linux servers :/
skybax: Why is this health pack following me?
bobdaduck: uh, it likes you.
<<

amgine

Posts: 1314

Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:57 pm

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:39 pm

Re: Port Forwarding help

well it would be much more helpful for the users........ (my idea.)
Bitfighter Forever.
<<

Fordcars

User avatar

Posts: 983

Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:51 pm

Location: Some city, somewhere

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: Port Forwarding help

Yeah, maybe Bitfighter could connect to the servers (in background) and get number of players, server name etc
skybax: Why is this health pack following me?
bobdaduck: uh, it likes you.

Return to Technical Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron