FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

xcode

<<

tazinator

Post Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:02 am

xcode

Does anyone here use this? I am attempting to learn Xcode, after a long time of not bothering to even try coding.

The main obstacle is my blurry crap vision. currently looking for a plugin to make words bigger

also may as well share my idea. Basically I get flappy bird and make it in Xcode, and reverse engineer how everything works based on the tutorial. i use this to make my own game. If I could read even a single line without squinting, this could work.
Play my new level! Two different teams fight over a nexus: One mainly defends while the other attacks! is fun
viewtopic.php?f=33&p=21002#p21002
<<

raptor

Post Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:50 am

Re: xcode

It has been a while since I've used Xcode, but I believe you can increase the font size. See this answer here:

http://stackoverflow.com/a/7303222
<<

tazinator

Post Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:34 am

Yeah, found the presentation font. Nice and big although it needs smaller spaces. My problem is letters, leave the spaces alone :roll:

Below is a rant on my experience with Xcode over the past few hours

So I've begun attempting to use Xcode 6. I downloaded a space invaders project and was going to muck around in it and see what happens, but then.. Oh no! Wrong volume? App Store says I already installed Xcode 6 so I can't just reinstall it. Well ok, I'll just copy it to the RIGHT VOLUME. Oh wait! ios Simulator is not owned by root? What to do. I can't reinstall it. Gr wow frustration squinting eyes Google search.. Terminal solution on the Internet doesn't work.. Grumble grumble. Finally I fix it using finder and change permissions to everyone. Internet did NOTI help me here. But wait, there's more! iOS simulator is unable to boot his device. SERIOUSLY? More googling, and I start making quiet anger and frustration noises like I used to when I was a kid. I haven't been this frustrated in a while. So I finally get over it, eat some turkey (to relax, rite?) delete all the devices (why does the manage devices pane send my selection back to the top (hard drive) after I delete each device? This is not friendly). And add back iPhone 6 plus.. And now I restart my computer. Now it works, or at least iOS simulator boots. Yay. But wait! Trying to run your game, but it says I need to select a device or simulator for it to run on. I'm so mad at this point, this is an important part of learning how to use the damn app though. It's been five minutes now, but I think I found it! Destination is at the bottom of the Products Menu.

Time to go wild.
Play my new level! Two different teams fight over a nexus: One mainly defends while the other attacks! is fun
viewtopic.php?f=33&p=21002#p21002
<<

Fordcars

Post Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:48 am

Hahahaha wow, that is quite an adventure
skybax: Why is this health pack following me?
bobdaduck: uh, it likes you.
<<

watusimoto

Site Admin

Post Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:36 pm

Yeah... Apple makes everything easy.

Return to Technical Support