FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Windows help

Forum rules
This forum is for technical discussion only. If you are interested in gameplay or client-side issues, please post in Bitfighter Features.
<<

Lone Wolf

Post Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:48 am

Windows help

1) I try to build bitfighter, and it builds. But it is still only 017b. I check the repository, it is updated. When it runs, i get this on exit:
Visual C++ Error wrote:Unhandled exception at 0x759aa4b9 in bitfighter_d.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0xfeeefeee.

2) In GameType.Cpp, how do i add multiple death messages that will display either in order or randomly? I mean this code:
  Code:
if(killer)  // Known killer, was self, robot, or another player
   {
      if(killer == victim)
         if(killerDescr == "mine")
            clientGame->displayMessage(Color(1.0f, 1.0f, 0.8f), "%s mine'd self", victim.getString());
         else
            clientGame->displayMessage(Color(1.0f, 1.0f, 0.8f), "%s comitted suicide", victim.getString());
      else
         if(killerDescr == "mine")
            clientGame->displayMessage(Color(1.0f, 1.0f, 0.8f), "%s was mine'd by %s", victim.getString(), killer.getString());
         else
            clientGame->displayMessage(Color(1.0f, 1.0f, 0.8f), "%s zapped %s", killer.getString(), victim.getString());
   }
   else if(killerDescr == "mine")   // Killer was some object with its own kill description string
      clientGame->displayMessage(Color(1.0f, 1.0f, 0.8f), "%s was mine'd", victim.getString());
   else if(killerDescr != "")
      clientGame->displayMessage(Color(1.0f, 1.0f, 0.8f), "%s %s", victim.getString(), killerDescr.getString());
   else         // Killer unknown
      clientGame->displayMessage(Color(1.0f, 1.0f, 0.8f), "%s got zapped", victim.getString());
#endif

You can already see i changed the current ones. :P
if you're reading this, i'm sorry for how cringe my old posts are. i rarely play BF anymore, but if you ever want to find me, you can catch me on steam, or on discord @ muddy#7969
<<

raptor

Post Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:43 pm

Re: Windows help

Hi, if you downloaded the source code with mercurial, from this URL:

https://code.google.com/p/bitfighter/source/checkout

Then make sure you update to the 'tip' of the repository.

As for your messages, I am not sure I understand what you want to do. Could you be more specific?
<<

Fordcars

Post Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:53 pm

Ah I think he means that when you die one time, it says (Ex: your dead). And the next time you die it says (Ex: You got zapped mate!) and the third time (Ex: Haha you got shot) and the fourth (Ex: FAIL) etc
skybax: Why is this health pack following me?
bobdaduck: uh, it likes you.
<<

Lone Wolf

Post Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:38 am

Meh. I'm not into C stuff anymore.
if you're reading this, i'm sorry for how cringe my old posts are. i rarely play BF anymore, but if you ever want to find me, you can catch me on steam, or on discord @ muddy#7969
<<

Lone Wolf

Post Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:55 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:Meh. I'm not into C stuff anymore.

Nevermind. I'm learning C++ now. :)
<<

amgine

Post Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:41 am

when wil c+++ come out. XD
Bitfighter Forever.

Return to Technical Discussion