FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New Gametype Idea!.. or at least a levelgen or something

Forum rules
Post confirmed bugs and approved feature requests here. Unapproved feature requests will be deleted.

Please limit posts to One Feature per Thread unless features are closely related.
<<

Skybax

Post Tue May 19, 2015 3:02 pm

New Gametype Idea!.. or at least a levelgen or something

So I played a bunch of Lasertag a couple weekends ago and I thought to myself, "wouldn't this be awesome if it was implemented into Bitfighter!?"

So here's how I envision it working. Instead of getting points for kills, you get points for hits. Whenever you get hit, once, by anything, your shield goes up and you lose all weapons, for like, five seconds or something.

In a raw form, it would be a lot like Bitmatch, but a bit different because you don't necessarily need respawn points.

I mean, you could still have health go down when someone got hit, so after enough hits they would eventually explode and have to start over. Maybe even have the points reset if you explode.

I also mentioned maybe just making it a levelgen, because then it could be used on multiple gametypes. Lasertag also has a sort of Base Capture gametype, that could be actually implemented into a specific Tag gametype or simply used as a levelgen with a CTF or Zone Control gametype.

So yeah, that's my idea. What're you guys's thoughts?
raptor wrote:Sorry Skybax, I hijacked your signature so I could post lots of info.
Whittling While wrote:Does this mean I finally get quoted in someone's signature?
watusimoto wrote:Who are the devs around here?!?
<<

amgine

Post Tue May 19, 2015 4:05 pm

Re: New Gametype Idea!.. or at least a levelgen or something

I forsee a problem with this unless you made it so a person cannot be shot after getting hit poeple could keep shooting that one person and keep them from playing.

I think instead of a timer it would be better to maybe have to touch a loadoutzone or somthing to make it more reaslitic to Laser Tag.

Overal I dont see It implementing very well into bitfighter but I could be wrong :)
Bitfighter Forever.
<<

Skybax

Post Wed May 20, 2015 10:39 am

amgine wrote:unless you made it so a person cannot be shot after getting hit poeple could keep shooting that one person and keep them from playing
Skybax wrote:Whenever you get hit, once, by anything, your shield goes up

amgine wrote:I think instead of a timer it would be better
Skybax wrote:for like, five seconds or something

amgine wrote:to maybe have to touch a loadoutzone or somthing to make it more reaslitic to Laser Tag.

That's not how Laser Tag works. That's CTF that makes you go to a certain place before you can play again. Laser Tag simply disables your weapons for a period of time, leaving you an opportunity to get to safety.

I do see your point about people getting constantly shot. In real Laser Tag, usually people are sporting enough to walk a different direction once they shoot you, but I feel our players may not be so kind.

Maybe when you get shot you also get a speed boost so you can escape faster?
raptor wrote:Sorry Skybax, I hijacked your signature so I could post lots of info.
Whittling While wrote:Does this mean I finally get quoted in someone's signature?
<<

amgine

Post Fri May 22, 2015 6:03 pm

I dont know about you but In every palce I have played laser tag after you get hit X times you have to to go to a station and recharge before you can start tagging again.

Maybe A invincibility for a breif moment wqould work like 3 seconds
Bitfighter Forever.
<<

Skybax

Post Sun May 24, 2015 3:48 pm

Odd. I've done it a lot and nowhere has ever had that lol
<<

amgine

Post Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:12 pm

Maybe It varies from location to location Idk.... :D
Bitfighter Forever.

Return to Bitfighter Features