Post Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:38 pm

Yumm... Crack Muffins 2.0

I typically don't post maps to the forums (cuz im a dolt), but I feel this is warranted given that the original version is on the forums, and it's outdated.

The original Crack Muffins, submitted for the December 2012 map contest, intended to utilize the teleport engineer function as a way of breaching the enemy base. It was a neat mechanic, but wasn't entirely hammered out, and I felt like it took away from the other good parts of the map. It was also really hard to defend against! So that's been removed and replaced with a different kind of base entrance mechanic.

I added a third core to the middle as a way to separate the cores and free up a little space in the bases. One of the base cores is really weak, so it's basically still a two core map!

The asymmetrical middle remained, but is easier to follow (and get out of if you go through accidentally). Team Blue takes the middle to attack while defending the side corridors. Team Pink does the opposite. Some defenses have also been added to hopefully help with balance. It will be interesting to see if the teams are balanced as I imagine them to be.

Finally. Horizontally rotated to better adapt to rectangular screens :)

http://bitfighter.org/pleiades/levels/view/193

yumm___crackmuffins2.level.zip

edit: fixed some balancing issues, recommend re-downloading
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Follow Bitfighter! FacebookTwitterDiscord