FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Bouncer is hard to use

<<

tazinator

Post Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:16 pm

Bouncer is hard to use

When you're going fast, the bouncer projectile achieves the perfect momentum to gett a kill. But it's very hard to figure out the angles to shoot at to get someone. aiming sucks

When to not use bouncers

-shooting in the opposite direction when you're going fast. They just sit there in space, what's the point of that?
-shooting when you're staying still. You want them to go FAST, so move fast when you fire them
-spammong bouncer before you find the enemy. You want to get a surprise attack off with momentum, but you need to aim
-using bouncers on walls you don't know (like a curvy wall that behaves weird with bouncers). If you can't predict the bouncer, you're just pray and spraying...

Also, once at least three or four of us went in a room and just used bouncer, it stopped being fun and became ridiculous
Play my new level! Two different teams fight over a nexus: One mainly defends while the other attacks! is fun
viewtopic.php?f=33&p=21002#p21002
<<

Little_Apple

Post Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:22 pm

Re: Bouncer is hard to use

This game requires skill and practice to be good at it.
How can we fix this?
Hee-ho!
<<

amgine

Post Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:02 pm

Actully if anything I think the damage on boucners is to low you can jsut sheild and there boucners will kil themselves...

If you skilled you can bounce around corner to get people which I do frequently....

Maybe give people a "tracer" for all weapons to show where they are being "aimed"
Bitfighter Forever.
<<

furbuggy

Post Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:56 pm

I don't know if a tracer is needed for all weapons, but maybe for bouncer it would help? It would be kind of hard to do well because momentum has so much to do with the way the bullets fly.

Maybe making bouncers not hurt oneself.... I dunno. Bouncers are really hard to fix imo.
BAM! I'm back.
<<

amgine

Post Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:46 pm

MAybe make boucners have the same stats as phasers BUT cost x2 x3 or X4 more energy....
Bitfighter Forever.
<<

furbuggy

Post Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:20 pm

The bouncing aspect of bouncers is pretty useless. That's big reason why they are hard to balance. If they were given the same stats as phasers then they would be next to useless-- that's my opinion.

Maybe we could make them do extra damage to repairable items or something, but I think the best fix is just to give them a huuuuge amount of range.
BAM! I'm back.
<<

tazinator

Post Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:03 am

Huge amount of range has a drawback, where if everyone fires them in a small room with walls they just keep bouncing off the walls. As in, they've covered the empty space. It looks ridiculous

Also, why hatiin on my skill level? Kinda hard to get good at a game without an opponent.

Currently, and for a long time, the best place to use Bouncer has been foiled. That is because of the tight curving corridors, where bouncers end up reliably clearing the way for you where phasers would fail. Bouncing isn't useless, just situational
Play my new level! Two different teams fight over a nexus: One mainly defends while the other attacks! is fun
viewtopic.php?f=33&p=21002#p21002
<<

amgine

Post Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:18 pm

sorry I phrased my suggestion badly....

What I meant is give phasers the same base fire rate and damage of a phaser with still the same range and boucnyness but no self damage however to balance it out more it would be given a higher energy usage maybe 10% of a gauge per bullet or something...

I think this would balance it out nicely as you wouldn't have to worry about killing yourself and you could focus more on aiming shots around corners and stuff....
Bitfighter Forever.

Return to General Discussion