FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Sensor as a mobility tool - BugDashing

<<

Santiago ZAP

Post Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:14 pm

Sensor as a mobility tool - BugDashing

Heya, some of you might have seen it already while playing, but after experimenting with sensor a bit, it can be a module that does more than just counter cloak, and in fact can be used as an alternative to turbo!

So, the thing is, place a spybug, shield por half a second and burst into it, you will get pushed a distance comparable to a fully charged double-tap turbo, while only spending 2/5 of your energy, I like to call it BugDashing!

This super-speed boost can work amazingly in team-oriented games, CTF you can run away in an instant.

Zone control you can push yourself really far away if the map allows you to, or you can also BugDash near your flag-carrying allies to push them away and get them close to the next zone, saving them tons of energy, and, if well-placed, also push enemy ships away.

Soccer you can bump the ball at speeds that can turn the tide of the battle in an instant.

Retrieve and other defence-oriented modes you can push enemies far away if the situation requires it to.

This thing is kinda hard to execute though, many times I have failed to use shield and zapped myself on accident, and some I move just an inch from the spybug and miss the burst entirely, leaving me incredibly vulnerable.

While it sounds like a turbo-replacement, turbo's much more controllable, can be used in short bursts, something BugDashing cannot achieve.

Try it out, open maps like the ZAP classics are god-tier for this!
:zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance:
<<

sky_lark

Post Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:57 pm

Re: Sensor as a mobility tool - BugDashing

I was wondering what you were doing. This was annoyingly effective against stopping our attack on Screwball!
Follow Bitfighter! FacebookTwitterDiscord
<<

Fordcars

Post Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:23 pm

I tried this in Memento, and it was crazy effective. Could get into enemy base in less than 1 second from spawning.
skybax: Why is this health pack following me?
bobdaduck: uh, it likes you.
<<

amgine

Post Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:34 pm

A thing to note this generally is much better on open maps on smaller claustrophobic maps tihs isnt very effective unless you try to richoochet your self off a corner.

I have known about this for a long itme ( its how I used to get insane map traveled distance back when stat tracking was a thing) but I never game it much time or effeorft as I deemed to it hard and inconnistant to be worth it.
Bitfighter Forever.
<<

sky_lark

Post Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:21 pm

This is my goto move on soccer now. It's wonderfully effective for disrupting a push of 2+ enemies on the ball whereas you'd otherwise normally get blown right past. Thanks again for sharing it.

The general "plant 15 spybugs and rocket yourself" method has been around forever as a niche gimmick, but this seems to be a more specialized tactic for smaller maps where you want to quickly disrupt an enemy's path, or make a quick getaway with the flag (that doesn't use up your energy like double tap boost).
Follow Bitfighter! FacebookTwitterDiscord

Return to General Discussion