I've just finished this thing, called the Webitor. It's a web browser level editor for Bitfighter. I've been working on it for some time now, so here it is
The Webitor (cool name) supports most of Bitfighter's objects, and a few commands like scale, rotate etc. Here are the features:
- Make walls with right click
- Add most of the objects supported by the game, including secret ones (sorry devs!)
- Press Escape to modify level settings
- Download the level
- Upload the level to the Pleiades database
Here is a list of the currently supported commands. To use these, press the indicated key:
- 'g': gets the selected objects, and brings them to your cursor
- 'h': flip selected points horizontally
- 'v': flip selected points vertically
- 'r': rotate selected points
- 'x': scale selected points
- 'Enter': modify selected objects' attributes
- 'Ctrl + c': copy selected points
- 'Ctrl + v': paste selected points
- '1 to 0': change the current team, for changing object teams
- Hold space to disable snap-to-grid
- Hold shift to move faster
- Scroll to zoom
- You can't select objects, you can only select points. If you want to do something, like changing an attribute of an object, select one or more points of it.
- There is NO undo, be careful!
- Wall corners look round, but they aren't really
- Rotate (r) also changes the scaling of the points, maybe due to floating points?
So, that's it! I hope to port it over to mobile eventually, like that we can finally bring level creativeness with us.
I have it hosted here if you want to try it out.
It is released under the GPL, so you can check out the source code here. But beware, it's a mess!
skybax: Why is this health pack following me?
bobdaduck: uh, it likes you.