FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Favorite Maps of All Time

<<

karamazovapy

Posts: 1567

Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:52 pm

Post Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:15 pm

Favorite Maps of All Time

List your Favorite Maps of All Time! Pick more than one, less than ten. Here are mine, in alphabetical order:

Arcturus Triple Gakk - Stock
I still think this is one of the most interesting original Zap! maps. There are lots of routes and strategies you can use, the repairables are all worthwhile (without being overloaded), and it's fun to look at. Granted, it's lame with two to four players, but in a real game, there's no substitute!

Bomberman 2.0 - kServ
I just really dig the style of this map and the fact that it's heavily levelgenned. For me, it stays fresh and fun to look at, and the short nexus open time keeps it exciting.

Cosmic Super Highway - kServ
It's not as big or complex as ATG, but I like each of the different routes. The team areas feel defendable without being heavily fortified. It was an early experiment, but I always like playing it.

Cyclops - Germanator
Germanator made this one for the August 2010 Mythology contest, and it makes me smile every time I see it. The gameplay isn't great, but I always get a grin. To complete the effect:
  Code:
LevelName Cyclops
LevelDescription HUNGRY!!!
LevelCredits XxX


Incursion Flags - Qui
This one was an entry for the March 2009 Bitfighter Features contest that was hosted shortly after the Zap! community migrated. In fact, I think it was the first non-Zap!, Bitfighter-only contest! Anyway, I think it makes great use of flag spawns and stays exciting with a well-executed "baseless" approach.

Juggernaut's Run - kServ
I really like the concept behind this one. It was inspired by the old American Gladiators event Break Through And Conquer. I still think it works well, and would be a great map for coordinated team play.

Solar Eclipse - bobdaduck
Just a really solid map, all around. Winner of the original May 2009 Custom Code contest. My only regret on this one is that the corners don't seem to get used as much as they deserve.

Thank You, Drive Thru - Stock
This map is one of the first I played (and have memories of) in the early Zap! days circa 2004. Running the flag in this one is a lesson in deception and trailing phase. Learn to rock TYDT and you learn to rock Bitfighter.


These are my favorite levels. Which ones are yours? Remember, this is a thread about FAVORITE levels, not necessarily the best!
<<

ZoombeR

Posts: 1036

Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:56 pm

Post Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:14 am

Re: Favorite Maps of All Time

cheap 10 cents
inslut to injury
<<

dudesteve

Posts: 56

Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:02 pm

Location: under your bed.

Post Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Favorite Maps of All Time

Airlock

When there are 20 people playing all at once, it gets pretty crazy!
Watusimoto - dudesteve -- you're a quick study! Dudesteve - Huh? (Hopelessly confused.)
<<

ZoombeR

Posts: 1036

Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:56 pm

Post Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:45 pm

Re: Favorite Maps of All Time

why didn't you vote for it then?
<<

dudesteve

Posts: 56

Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:02 pm

Location: under your bed.

Post Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:31 pm

Re: Favorite Maps of All Time

Uh... I didn't know we were supposed to vote...
Watusimoto - dudesteve -- you're a quick study! Dudesteve - Huh? (Hopelessly confused.)
<<

Little_Apple

User avatar

Posts: 829

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:31 pm

Location: Zanzibar Land

Post Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:21 pm

Re: Favorite Maps of All Time

Curly q
It's fun. That is all.
Hee-ho!
<<

ZoombeR

Posts: 1036

Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:56 pm

Post Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:57 pm

Re: Favorite Maps of All Time

dudesteve wrote:Uh... I didn't know we were supposed to vote...


it was up during a map design competition, formally known as "Airlock, deserves your vote"
<<

karamazovapy

Posts: 1567

Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:52 pm

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:42 am

Re: Favorite Maps of All Time

these all the favorite maps we got?
<<

ZoombeR

Posts: 1036

Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:56 pm

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: Favorite Maps of All Time

+ allofgibbed <3
<<

Santiago ZAP

User avatar

Posts: 285

Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 8:05 am

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:53 pm

Re: Favorite Maps of All Time

Fast Nexus :D
xd
<<

ZoombeR

Posts: 1036

Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:56 pm

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:40 pm

Re: Favorite Maps of All Time

too many flags for me..

and a weak attempt to get rid of engineer
<<

Santiago ZAP

User avatar

Posts: 285

Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 8:05 am

Post Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:50 pm

Re: Favorite Maps of All Time

ZoombeR wrote:too many flags for me..

and a weak attempt to get rid of engineer

Thats the Spirit ! :D
xd
<<

sky_lark

User avatar

Posts: 1890

Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:00 pm

Location: North Carolina

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:17 pm

Re: Favorite Maps of All Time

Hamster's maps were a blast. It's a shame he left on a bad note.

Plumbing is the only one that I can remember the name of, but there were many others.

Endless war and... crap... that other one by the same guy. Yin/yang or something?

Rick's maps on the Gibbed server were fun too.
Follow Bitfighter! FacebookTwitterDiscordSteam
<<

ZoombeR

Posts: 1036

Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:56 pm

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:52 pm

Re: Favorite Maps of All Time

sky_lark wrote:Hamster's maps were a blast. It's a shame he left on a bad note.

Plumbing is the only one that I can remember the name of, but there were many others.

Endless war and... crap... that other one by the same guy. Yin/yang or something?

Rick's maps on the Gibbed server were fun too.


like hamster's gun show?
<<

karamazovapy

Posts: 1567

Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:52 pm

Post Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: Favorite Maps of All Time

sky_lark wrote:Endless war and... crap... that other one by the same guy. Yin/yang or something?

Endless War and Blitz by Philip Turner
<<

ZoombeR

Posts: 1036

Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:56 pm

Post Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:59 am

Re: Favorite Maps of All Time

karamazovapy wrote:
sky_lark wrote:Endless war and... crap... that other one by the same guy. Yin/yang or something?

Endless War and Blitz by Philip Turner

the only problem was that if done right, you could just steal all the flags in the enemy base and slowly but surely bring them back to your spawn point. Then you only have to guard the flags in your bases.
<<

ChompyRandom

Posts: 24

Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 5:22 pm

Location: Guadalajara, Mexico

Post Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:08 pm

Re: Favorite Maps of All Time

ZoombeR wrote:cheap 10 cents
inslut to injury

Wow one map of mine is your favorite?
Are you sure you are not lying?
___━━____━ ╭━━━━━╮
___━━____┗┓|::::::^━━━^
___━━____━┗|:::::|。◕‿‿­­­­◕。|
___━━____━━╰O--O-O--O
<<

ZoombeR

Posts: 1036

Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:56 pm

Post Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:12 pm

Re: Favorite Maps of All Time

similar to some of mine and some of others, the breakdown of such a simplistic design of literally a cheap map worth 10 cents of thought actually creates more gameplay than maps that have hours and hours of work and effort put into it have ever gotten near.
<<

Quartz

User avatar

Posts: 879

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:14 am

Location: Commie California

Post Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Favorite Maps of All Time

Stock: The Tangle Box, Thank You Drive Thru.

A lot of Hamster's maps were good, but there were also many that were severely overrated. Or blinding. (Chess)

Arctic and Sky Lark made some gold together, as well.

However, I will always say clOaKdOoD was by far the best map editor Zap ever had. None of his levels are around anymore, however. He didn't share many, and the few he did either weren't good or disappeared.

See that's the thing with a lot of the good map editors. They are too prideful and keep all of their material to themselves. It's despicable, and in the end they get less glory because they stop playing and then no one has the maps.

I will only say one of mine. I do think I made a lot of pretty decent maps when I did, but there were definitely a lot of pretty lame ones too.
Quartz' Party.
I was always a big fan of any well-made dungeon. Like bobdaduck, we both were actually decent players but still enjoyed dungeons, thus breaking the "dungeons are for noobs" stereotypes.
Anyway, Quartz' Party was sort of my trump card to all the dungeons. It was huge, all the teams could do things, there were about 9,001 different secret paths, it's craziness. I am thinking of revamping it.
Exploits of Quartz and bobdaduck - My maps on Pleiades
Current self-serving quote:
raptor wrote:sometimes I think getting Quartz to use plugins is like getting my mom to use a computer
<<

karamazovapy

Posts: 1567

Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:52 pm

Post Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:18 pm

Re: Favorite Maps of All Time

I disagree with one point. There's nothing wrong with working hard on something and keeping ownership of it. It's nice when people share maps, especially if they're popular, but no where else in society do people expect you to give all your work away for free.
<<

Qui

User avatar

Posts: 150

Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:44 pm

Post Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:39 pm

Re: Favorite Maps of All Time

It's also relevant to point out that because something is no longer around, it becomes very difficult to disprove any claims made about it. In this case, maps that seemed really good that have since disappeared can easily be proclaimed the best, because they can't be compared with current maps. That said, Cloak's maps were really good.
Qui ckRime
<<

sam686

User avatar

Posts: 468

Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:53 pm

Location: United States, South Dakota

Post Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:29 pm

Re: Favorite Maps of All Time

Quartz wrote:However, I will always say clOaKdOoD was by far the best map editor Zap ever had. None of his levels are around anymore, however. He didn't share many, and the few he did either weren't good or disappeared.
Do you have a screenshot, or recorded a video of that level? Did you press "Print Screen" and save the screenshot somewhere, then share that screenshot so we can see the level you say that is good?
<<

karamazovapy

Posts: 1567

Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:52 pm

Post Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:28 pm

Re: Favorite Maps of All Time

Cloakdood was a person. One of his maps is zonec_tl.level in this thread.
<<

sky_lark

User avatar

Posts: 1890

Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:00 pm

Location: North Carolina

Post Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:23 pm

Re: Favorite Maps of All Time

Quartz wrote:Stock: The Tangle Box, Thank You Drive Thru.

...

Arctic and Sky Lark made some gold together, as well.

However, I will always say clOaKdOoD was by far the best map editor Zap ever had. None of his levels are around anymore, however. He didn't share many, and the few he did either weren't good or disappeared.

...

I will only say one of mine. I do think I made a lot of pretty decent maps when I did, but there were definitely a lot of pretty lame ones too.
Quartz' Party.

I liked the Tangle Box, but I think the portals, that allowed you to cut across the map quickly, did more bad than good (IMO).

Define "gold". ;)

cloakdood is still around on YouTube I think (maybe even lurking on Bitfighter); couldn't hurt to ask him if he still has any maps.

I liked Quartz Party, you should definitely make a remake! :D
Follow Bitfighter! FacebookTwitterDiscordSteam
<<

ZoombeR

Posts: 1036

Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:56 pm

Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:24 am

Re: Favorite Maps of All Time

Quartz wrote:However, I will always say clOaKdOoD was by far the best map editor Zap ever had. None of his levels are around anymore, however. He didn't share many, and the few he did either weren't good or disappeared.


Well, I do have his old very first gambit ctf map, so i suppose that counts technically.
<<

Opti

User avatar

Posts: 233

Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:09 pm

Location: Hell

Post Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:20 pm

OPTI'S EPIK TOP 3 BEST BITFIGHTER LEVELS!

Here they are in order from worst to best :D

3. Super Bitfighter Bros. by DrSpaceBar

2. Fast Nexus by Little Apple, Hum~, ME :D (Opti) And lots more..

1. Revenge of Captan Morgan by CrazyLinuxNerd

There ya go!
We are all horrible on the inside.
<<

+[Kuartificated]+

Posts: 8

Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:53 pm

Post Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:33 pm

Re: Favorite Maps of All Time

cloakdood is still around on YouTube I think (maybe even lurking on Bitfighter)

He actually played with ZoombeR and ainkin.
His name was L.O.L. it is true, if you dont believe me watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tBpD5QH ... ature=plcp. it is cloakdood's
<<

Santiago ZAP

User avatar

Posts: 285

Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 8:05 am

Post Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:29 pm

Re: OPTI'S EPIK TOP 3 BEST BITFIGHTER LEVELS!

Opti wrote:2. Fast Nexus by Little Apple, Hum~, ME :D (Opti) And lots more..

There ya go!


CRAAAAAAAAAAAP OOOOOOPPPPPPPPPTTTTTTTTIIIIIIIIII
I actually did teh map.
and ty for liking the map :P
and l_a didnt made the maap
xd
<<

Little_Apple

User avatar

Posts: 829

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:31 pm

Location: Zanzibar Land

Post Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:10 pm

Re: Favorite Maps of All Time

I made the map good.
Hee-ho!
<<

cloakdood

Posts: 4

Joined: Sat May 12, 2012 10:19 am

Post Sat May 12, 2012 10:39 am

Re: Favorite Maps of All Time

Quartz wrote:He didn't share many, and the few he did either weren't good or disappeared


I gave them to sky_lark
<<

Quartz

User avatar

Posts: 879

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:14 am

Location: Commie California

Post Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:05 am

Re: Favorite Maps of All Time

karamazovapy wrote:I disagree with one point. There's nothing wrong with working hard on something and keeping ownership of it. It's nice when people share maps, especially if they're popular, but no where else in society do people expect you to give all your work away for free.
I never did "expect" it, but there were times where it got a little excessive how possessive he was. I had a friend on Halo who was like this too.

Of course I'm replying to something ages old, I've heard you are pretty well gone now, _k. Which is cool because I'm pretty sure you just enjoyed disagreeing with me more than anything else in the world.

sky_lark wrote:I liked the Tangle Box, but I think the portals, that allowed you to cut across the map quickly, did more bad than good (IMO).

Define "gold". ;)

cloakdood is still around on YouTube I think (maybe even lurking on Bitfighter); couldn't hurt to ask him if he still has any maps.

I liked Quartz Party, you should definitely make a remake! :D

Yeah, I think I did an edit of The Tangle Box where I made the portals less impressive.

Ahahah, I don't remember... I don't think you two tended to make good "serious" maps, but you guys made some random fun levels that I recall greatly enjoying.

True that. Heyyy, what do you know what's right above me hahaha.

Thanks dude, glad to hear that. Idc where exactly I am on that ... fail.
Exploits of Quartz and bobdaduck - My maps on Pleiades
Current self-serving quote:
raptor wrote:sometimes I think getting Quartz to use plugins is like getting my mom to use a computer
<<

CleverBot

User avatar

Posts: 560

Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:37 pm

Location: Orokin Void

Post Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: Favorite Maps of All Time

Quartz wrote:Of course I'm replying to something ages old, I've heard you are pretty well gone now, _k. Which is cool because I'm pretty sure you just enjoyed disagreeing with me more than anything else in the world.

I disagree. :D

Return to General Map/Server

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron