Total votes : 24
<<

sky_lark

Post Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:07 am

VOTING PT 3: December 2014 Level Design Contest

Best level? You decide.
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Welcome to the third round of voting!

In this stage, you will select the TWO best entries. Levels should be judged for their creativity, competitiveness, aesthetics, and fun. Levels should be judged on an individual basis, and should not be influenced by how they may have interacted with another half (ie. should not be downgraded for pairing with a bad level, or upgraded simply for pairing with a good level).

Voting Format: In the third stage of voting, we are down to only four levels! Depending on how the vote plays out there may or may not be a fourth stage. Remember, the top two entries will receive cash prizes!

Voting ends Monday, January 19th at 11:59pm EST! Re-voting is allowed. Feel free to explain how you voted below, but don't forget to discuss the levels in detail here! As levelmakers, we thrive on your feedback. May the best level win!
Follow Bitfighter! FacebookTwitterDiscord
<<

Quartz

Post Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:36 pm

Re: VOTING PT 3: December 2014 Level Design Contest

The fact that Terrible Trio is still in the running is pretty much proof of voter fraud if you ask me. Grow up, smh
Exploits of Quartz and bobdaduck - Pleiades Maps
19-year-old Quartz mad about lawn removal
raptor wrote:sometimes I think getting Quartz to use plugins is like getting my mom to use a computer
<<

sky_lark

Post Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:05 pm

It's not awful. We had some good games on it and the variety is pretty cool. It could be a little cleaner, but I don't hate it either.

I'm mostly just surprised and saddened Gift did not make it to this stage. Easily one of the prettiest levels I've ever played, and it actually is super defensible. The bottleneck at the bottom makes it super tough to get in and out of the base.
<<

amgine

Post Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:55 pm

In fairness Every level has its falws even if its minor.

like the fact the server kept making the levels bug qwhen the contest was running >.>
Bitfighter Forever.
<<

sky_lark

Post Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:14 pm

WOW I was not expecting that voting breakdown. Looks like we know who will be moving onto the next round...
<<

amgine

Post Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:10 pm

something seems off there seems to be a lot more votes than players who were doing the contest I think quartz is right someone is skewing the polls >.>
Bitfighter Forever.
<<

Fordcars

Post Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:19 pm

Well we had 2 votes each, so I don't know
skybax: Why is this health pack following me?
bobdaduck: uh, it likes you.
<<

Quartz

Post Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:26 pm

amgine wrote:something seems off there seems to be a lot more votes than players who were doing the contest I think quartz is right someone is skewing the polls >.>

12 people isn't that many, I know there are a few people who did not submit to the contest but have played the maps regardless.

This round of voting seems legitimate as far as I can analyze, it was last round that looked pretty BS to me.
Exploits of Quartz and bobdaduck - Pleiades Maps
19-year-old Quartz mad about lawn removal
raptor wrote:sometimes I think getting Quartz to use plugins is like getting my mom to use a computer
<<

sky_lark

Post Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:56 pm

There has been about 10-12 participants in the vote each round, which is awesome! We had that many submitters which is why I doubt there was manipulation involved. Voter fraud is not impossible, however, I'd hope with a small enough community we're all friends and won't try to cheat the system for a couple of dollars. Especially when it might threaten the possibility of future contests.

Anyway, this stage is now closed and the last stage is open, go vote here! viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2567

Return to Contests