FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Map Mystery

<<

Cracatoa

Post Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:43 pm

Map Mystery

At my school in one classroom, there is zap installed on all the computers.
I don't know how it got there, but I copied all the maps that students had created, turned them into .levels, and placed them on my server. When sky_lark started playing them with my he noticed that some of them were familiar. Very weird and kinda creepy. I have attached the offending (sort of) levels in a zip file to this post.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The bottom statement is false.
The top statement is true.
<<

sky_lark

Post Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:54 pm

Re: Map Mystery

Could we confirm (or not) that all of these levels were on the forums? It seems likely that the original user just downloaded levels from the forums.

I was also wondering who made that maze level. I want to say C. Bob or perhaps Furbuggy? Or at least I may have played with them on that level. There was another level like it, smaller though.
Follow Bitfighter! FacebookTwitterDiscord
<<

C. Bob

Post Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:43 pm

I didn't make any of these; I don't think Fur did either, and I've played a lot of his levels. The "Black Hole" one is certainly ripped off of someplace, but I can't quite remember who made the original -- maybe Unknown?
BobBash: 2-0, W, 50%
BobBash II: 2-0, W, 71.4%
BobBash III: 2-0, W, 83.3%
Career: 68.4%
<<

Qui

Post Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:57 pm

Didn't someone once post about how they were going to have their homeroom all play Zap or something like that? I don't remember who it was, but it might be the same case. This is a good example of why it would be nice to access the old forum as an archive. Did it get cleaned out entirely, or can mods like sky_lark go back and read everything?
Qui ckRime
<<

Skybax

Post Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:29 pm

My homeroom was going to play Bitfighter once a month, but when we did the first one, my teacher got his butt handed to him on a platter by all of his students and he decided we were gonna do something else.
If I remember correctly, we just used the stock levels.
raptor wrote:Sorry Skybax, I hijacked your signature so I could post lots of info.
Whittling While wrote:Does this mean I finally get quoted in someone's signature?
watusimoto wrote:Who are the devs around here?!?
<<

karamazovapy

Post Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:16 pm

I don't remember Fear, but I've played the others. I thought the andromeda one was originally a map of Unknown's. The maze reminds me of invader alex, but it may not be his.

By the way, though...it's REALLY uncool to put your name on someone else's level. Even if you add a million gofasts, it's not your creation. You didn't come up with the concept. It's not yours.
<<

Unknown

Post Sat May 01, 2010 8:53 am

You go to Oak Canyon, huh?
I got Zap! Installed on all of the computers. Those are my old maps. Bobdaduck also went there, oddly enough.
<<

Cracatoa

Post Sat May 01, 2010 9:59 am

Crazy! Also, sorry about putting my name on those maps. I thought that a bunch of random students put them on there, and since I went though the work of making them bitfighter compatible, I thought I deserved some credit. I will put Unknown's name on them immediately.

P.S. Can I still keep them on my server?
P.P.S. I didn't add the gofasts, I just added snapping.
<<

Unknown

Post Sat May 01, 2010 10:23 am

Any of my maps can be used on any server - maps are a service from me to the Bitfighter community. Go ahead and put your name on them too, if you want.
<<

Cracatoa

Post Sat May 01, 2010 7:54 pm

Thanks! Yes I go to oak canyon, I didn't know you lived in Utah.
<<

furbuggy

Post Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:45 am

Sorry, I never looked in this topic-- yeah I did make a maze level or two back in the day. Still haven't looked at the maps yet (working on a project right now), but I'll check it out and edit when I get a chance.

Edit:
Nope, that's definitely not my maze (Mine was a more traditional maze, like the kind you might find in a coloring book, and was meant to have a minitor in the middle).

Obviously I'm a little late, as this mystery has been solved, but I was excited for a bit that maybe you had found an old map of mine.
BAM! I'm back.
<<

Unknown

Post Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:19 pm

Sorry to resurrect an old topic, but I just realized that the map in there called zonec_tl.level called Fear is NOT my level. The other two are. I was testing it and helping another guy make it, giving suggestions, etc., but I can't remember who. It must have accidentally made its way over to the Zap! computers. Anyone know who's it might be?
<<

sky_lark

Post Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:13 am

I want to say Fear is cloakdood's map, but not positive.
Follow Bitfighter! FacebookTwitterDiscord
<<

Linkin

Post Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:09 am

I am almost positive that Fear is clOaKdOoD's map. I definitely recognize it from somewhere, and if it isn't his, it still sure looks like his style.
iwin
<<

cloakdood

Post Sat May 12, 2012 10:40 am

Linkin wrote:I am almost positive that Fear is clOaKdOoD's map. I definitely recognize it from somewhere, and if it isn't his, it still sure looks like his style.

Yeah. That's mine.

Looks awful.

Return to General Map/Server