FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ZCT - cp_badlands - Qui

<<

Qui

Post Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:38 am

ZCT - cp_badlands - Qui

TF2 is sappin' my life. Here is a bitfighter map modeled on the most popular TF2 map of all time, cp_badlands. If there is anything about this that seems odd (for example, the time) it is because I was trying to have this level resemble the TF2 one as closely as possible. the invinci-fields represent team-specific doors, and the neutral turrets are places I've seen a lot of sentries placed. The partial walls and teleporters are simply my feeble efforts at simulating the multiple levels of altitude in badlands. For example, the spiral thing should really be a spire. In some places, such as at the front of the main bases, I had to blend floors or sacrifice them altogether, although I believe I kept the most important parts. Where you see a short-distance teleport are places where people often jump down from a higher location to a lower one. The bridges are porous in places to allow emulated passage underneath, just pretend you are rocket jumping or something.

Go, go, go!

Attached as zip only... too large to post or something.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Qui ckRime
<<

karamazovapy

Post Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:01 am

Re: ZCT - cp_badlands - Qui

hah...it seems like you have a long standing conflict with the level code posting on these forums... I'm not a TF2 player, but this looks kind of cool. It reminds me of a more spread out siege level. Does this one go fast in TF2? I'd be curious to see how long a game lasts, since it's one touchdown to win.

Cool map.
<<

Qui

Post Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:08 am

I hope that this level will vary in length, like it does in TF2. In the original game a round can last indefinitely because the timer resets every time a point is captured. However, it can also go really fast if one team outmaneuvers the other and gets scouts or spies on the last points quickly.
Qui ckRime
<<

Quartz

Post Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:52 pm

cp_badlands is the most popular TF2 map of all time? Lol... As someone who played the game for ages, I'm pretty dang sure it wasn't. Which is unfortunate, because it's always been better than, say, 2fort.

Anyway, keeping this one. Looks great. I like the ways you handled the 3 dimensions; especially with the teleporters. Would love to actually play this in a 4v4 or so, hah.
Exploits of Quartz and bobdaduck - My maps on Pleiades
Current self-serving quote:
raptor wrote:sometimes I think getting Quartz to use plugins is like getting my mom to use a computer
<<

Qui

Post Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:34 pm

People lie on the internet, often for emphasis or humorous effect. It is by no means the most popular (apparently thats either dustbowl or goldrush). http://www.steampowered.com/status/tf2/tf2_stats.php. But it should be the most popular. It's my favorite stock, and the most popular actually good map (except for debatably gravelpit).

As for the map, I haven't played it with any reasonable number of players. Maybe we can add it to the next BBB?
Qui ckRime
<<

Quartz

Post Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:35 pm

Qui wrote:People lie on the internet, often for emphasis or humorous effect. It is by no means the most popular (apparently thats either dustbowl or goldrush). http://www.steampowered.com/status/tf2/tf2_stats.php. But it should be the most popular. It's my favorite stock, and the most popular actually good map (except for debatably gravelpit).

As for the map, I haven't played it with any reasonable number of players. Maybe we can add it to the next BBB?

Haha yes.
And I agree. Badlands is pretty effin' good. Dustbowl is fun for like 4v4-6v6 but beyond that it's terrible, and for some reason everyone likes to play it like effin' 12v12. Gold Rush is pretty weaksauce.

That would be awesome. I would vouch for it. Could be a lot of fun. =)
Exploits of Quartz and bobdaduck - My maps on Pleiades
Current self-serving quote:
raptor wrote:sometimes I think getting Quartz to use plugins is like getting my mom to use a computer

Return to Zone Control