FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Armor Should Lose Slide Psycics.

Forum rules
Post confirmed bugs and approved feature requests here. Unapproved feature requests will be deleted.

Please limit posts to One Feature per Thread unless features are closely related.

Should Slide Mechanics be removed from Armor?

Yes
20%
No
80%

Total votes : 5
<<

amgine

Post Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:31 pm

Armor Should Lose Slide Psycics.

I know im the only one who thinks this but hear me out.

One of the Major Problems of the armor ability is the slip collision There are several problems with it as it right now.

1. It make using it on closed maps impossible trying to fit through a small map is impossible when your slidering into the corners between the holes.
2. Boosters Can Cause you to get stuck Another frequent problem in Bitfighter is if you hit a booster with a armor on you will boost into a wall then slide back into the booster or spedn a good 4/5 seconds boucning around before you can play again.

this means you can only use it on large open maps with little or no obstacles and doest have boosters which is really limiting

Therefore I propose the following.

1. The Slide Meachanic is removed from the armor.
2. Armor Damage reduction is lowered by 33% this means you will be able to control you ship better but not be able to take as much hits.
This means it will be vaible to use

What are you guys thoughts.

Cheers Amgine
Bitfighter Forever.
<<

Skybax

Post Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:29 pm

Re: Armor Should Lose Slide Psycics.

I think one of the whole points of the armor module is to make your ship clunky and hard to control, in a trade for more health. Removing that defeats the purpose.
raptor wrote:Sorry Skybax, I hijacked your signature so I could post lots of info.
Whittling While wrote:Does this mean I finally get quoted in someone's signature?
watusimoto wrote:Who are the devs around here?!?
<<

raptor

Post Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:11 pm

The increase in mass for the armor module is an intentional side-effect to taking half the damage. I remember testing a number of balancing effects when releasing 019 and armor as it is turned out to be the best; but I am still open to balance changes for future versions.
<<

Quartz

Post Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:12 pm

I don't think I actually have a valid opinion on this subject, because I can't stand playing any game where my controls feel clunky. (e.g. I permanently put down Gears of War after playing for one hour.)

It might be interesting to toy with removing the slide physic, but make it your only module if you pick it. *Shrug*
Exploits of Quartz and bobdaduck - Pleiades Maps
19-year-old Quartz mad about lawn removal
raptor wrote:sometimes I think getting Quartz to use plugins is like getting my mom to use a computer
<<

amgine

Post Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:21 pm

As I said the slide physics make armor to clunky and hard to control and cuases many problems like getting stuck being unable to use boosters ect it would probably be better off if it was changed to like 5% reduction or something and slide was removed

Point and case bineg armor is never used.
Bitfighter Forever.

Return to Bitfighter Features