FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Should Friendly Turrets Damage Your Own Team?

Forum rules
Post confirmed bugs and approved feature requests here. Unapproved feature requests will be deleted.

Please limit posts to One Feature per Thread unless features are closely related.

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes : 6
<<

amgine

Post Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:35 pm

I think it makes no sense that turrets damage your own team they are meant to defesne your base from enemy teams and help you defend not kill you own team over and over when you spawn. if you need a turret that kills everything just make a hostile one.

Do you guys think this should be changed?
Bitfighter Forever.
<<

Skybax

Post Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:31 pm

Re: Should Friendly Turrets Damage Your Own Team?

No it should not be changed, yes they should damage you. This would break multiple maps that rely on this mechanic.
raptor wrote:Sorry Skybax, I hijacked your signature so I could post lots of info.
Whittling While wrote:Does this mean I finally get quoted in someone's signature?
watusimoto wrote:Who are the devs around here?!?
<<

Lamp

Post Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:16 pm

turrets of a team don't shoot the team members...
<<

Quartz

Post Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:14 pm

Skybax wrote:No it should not be changed, yes they should damage you. This would break multiple maps that rely on this mechanic.

Like what, dungeons? :lol: God forbid people have to go back and fix those maps.

Lamp wrote:turrets of a team don't shoot the team members...

They don't, but surely you've encountered the circumstance where your friendly turret insists on fruitlessly shooting, say, resource items and you get caught in the crossfire and take damage. Happens all the time.
Exploits of Quartz and bobdaduck - Pleiades Maps
19-year-old Quartz mad about lawn removal
raptor wrote:sometimes I think getting Quartz to use plugins is like getting my mom to use a computer
<<

amgine

Post Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:25 pm

Quartz wrote:
Skybax wrote:No it should not be changed, yes they should damage you. This would break multiple maps that rely on this mechanic.

Like what, dungeons? :lol: God forbid people have to go back and fix those maps. .

But its a unintended mechanic that is more detrimental to gameplay then not and is a consinquinece of a unintended bug and should be fixed if players should not use exploits that are not intended in the game.

They don't, but surely you've encountered the circumstance where your friendly turret insists on fruitlessly shooting, say, resource items and you get caught in the crossfire and take damage. Happens all the time.

Preciscely anty sort of item in your base such as a test object or a resource item imeditaly causes you to take damage from them trying to shoot them away (maybe this could be easily fixed y making them not shoot them?)
Bitfighter Forever.
<<

raptor

Post Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:51 pm

It was not an unintended mechanic. :)
<<

amgine

Post Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:52 pm

raptor wrote:It was not an unintended mechanic. :)

But not bieng able to put turrets in your base because you will get random wly shot by them and killed is to detrimental to game play via it be they are shooting at a test object or resource item or a enemy ship if they hit you they will damage and kill you which is not the point of turrets they are supposed to hepl you defend your base.
Bitfighter Forever.

Return to Bitfighter Features