FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Retrieve with more flags than goals

Forum rules
Post confirmed bugs and approved feature requests here. Unapproved feature requests will be deleted.

Please limit posts to One Feature per Thread unless features are closely related.
<<

sky_lark

Post Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:56 am

Retrieve with more flags than goals

Hi, would it be possible to have a touchdown occur in retrieve when all of the goals for a team have a flag inside them, regardless of how many flags are in the game to begin with? As it stands, if there are more flags than goals, a touchdown cannot occur, which makes having more flags than goals rather pointless.

I ask because I've been trying to experiment with retrieve to make some of these old 3, 4, or even 5 goal retrieves a thing again. They're fun, but pretty much as soon as you place a flag it gets nabbed again, making them nigh impossible to score. The ultimate strategy ends up being just have each player hold a flag and try to cap at the exact same time. This might be more fun for competitive play, but for casual bitfighter skirmishes it just ends up being a back and forth the whole time with little progress.

My thinking has been, throw in an extra flag, thus making it a bit easier to get touchdowns, and maybe these maps with 3-5 goals become a bit more feasible to rack up points? There are some fun concepts that could occur if touchdowns could happen when all the goals for a team were filled with flags, regardless of the number of flags in the map.

Thanks for consideration!
Follow Bitfighter! FacebookTwitterDiscord
<<

Santiago ZAP

Post Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:34 am

Re: Retrieve with more flags than goals

This would make 3+ team retrieves much more viable/competitive too, and allow for retrieve to be much more causal, like you said, nice!
:zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance:
<<

bobdaduck

Global Moderator

Post Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:09 pm

I see no reason not to do this- the current way is pretty much only useful for trolling, versus this change opening more legitimate gameplay options.
Little_Apple wrote:DnD: the REAL bitfighter levelgen documentation

Santiago ZAP wrote:bob doesn't make new maps, he makes new gamemodes
<<

Quartz

Post Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:15 pm

I agree with everything said so far in this thread.
Exploits of Quartz and bobdaduck - Pleiades Maps
19-year-old Quartz mad about lawn removal
raptor wrote:sometimes I think getting Quartz to use plugins is like getting my mom to use a computer
<<

raptor

Post Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:17 pm

I like this idea and it seems obvious. Has there been any historical discussions on this in the past for why it may have not been done already?
<<

amgine

Post Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:42 pm

not that im aware of.

I agree with this if plaers want a more compettive difficult capture then can still do zones == flags counts which is fine or they can have more flags to make making a touchdown easier.
Bitfighter Forever.
<<

sky_lark

Post Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:30 pm

I assume it's just one of those things that got overlooked because at first glance it doesn't seem terribly intuitive - if you have a 3-goal retrieve, you only need 3 flags. You don't really need more flags than that. But of course, after thinking about it some, there are perks in making the retrieve easier to score touchdowns, as well as experiment with new concepts.
Follow Bitfighter! FacebookTwitterDiscord
<<

amgine

Post Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:59 pm

The only concern I could see is if there are more flags then goals is it possible new players might be confused about how the game mode is and the number of flags needed to score could this be a issue or am I over thinking it :D
Bitfighter Forever.

Return to Bitfighter Features