FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Level contest ideas?

<<

Quartz

Post Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:24 am

Level contest ideas?

Hey everyone. It's been over a year and a half since we've had our last contest, and I get the feeling from some party banter people are itching for another one.

Some potential themes:
- Novelty, lots of people are getting good with scripting and there's plenty of ingenuity left in the basic level editor.
- No specific theme, just make the best map you can. It might be interesting since we've pretty well all been on hiatus.
- Something actually inviting to newbies. I've seen some new mapmakers popping up on Pleiades, dunno if there's some staying power there or not.
- Springtime
- High fantasy (Dungeons & Dragons, Lord of the Rings, etc.)

...And any other ideas besides. Now's the time to voice 'em.

Since I hosted the last one, I'd rather be a bystander this time around, if possible. Just trying to get the ball rolling here.
Exploits of Quartz and bobdaduck - Pleiades Maps
19-year-old Quartz mad about lawn removal
raptor wrote:sometimes I think getting Quartz to use plugins is like getting my mom to use a computer
<<

watusimoto

Site Admin

Post Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:31 pm

Re: Level contest ideas?

I kind of like the theme of "do your best" since, as you say, it's been a while.

If we found someone new to manage the contest, would you be willing to provide an outline of the sequencing of events?
<<

Quartz

Post Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:38 pm

watusimoto wrote:I kind of like the theme of "do your best" since, as you say, it's been a while.

If we found someone new to manage the contest, would you be willing to provide an outline of the sequencing of events?

Pretty easily, yeah. Me, bobdaduck, or sky_lark could all be helpful sources for that one -- pick your poison.
Exploits of Quartz and bobdaduck - Pleiades Maps
19-year-old Quartz mad about lawn removal
raptor wrote:sometimes I think getting Quartz to use plugins is like getting my mom to use a computer
<<

Skybax

Post Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:23 pm

I really like the do your best as well
raptor wrote:Sorry Skybax, I hijacked your signature so I could post lots of info.
Whittling While wrote:Does this mean I finally get quoted in someone's signature?
watusimoto wrote:Who are the devs around here?!?
<<

sky_lark

Post Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:22 pm

I'd be happy to host a contest with monetary prizes in the coming weeks if we can get a couple more well-attended parties under our belts. We had an amazing party to kick off the year then another decent one which was slow at first but eventually got up to 5v5. If we can get another couple of parties with 10-12+ people then I'd definitely chip in some $$ to incentivize a fun contest.
Follow Bitfighter! FacebookTwitterDiscord

Return to General Discussion