FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Help getting a map

<<

tazinator

Post Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:41 pm

Help getting a map

On the ghost server there's a map I want, it's round. it's perfect, and I don't know how to make circles so I'm just gonna paste it.
Play my new level! Two different teams fight over a nexus: One mainly defends while the other attacks! is fun
viewtopic.php?f=33&p=21002#p21002
<<

bobdaduck

Global Moderator

Post Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:45 pm

Re: Help getting a map

tazinator wrote:On the ghost server there's a map I want, it's round. it's perfect, and I don't know how to make circles so I'm just gonna paste it.

Often you can type /getmap on a server to download a map. However some servers explicitly disable that (ghost does) so you would be out of luck there.

However you can do circles by using the curve tool (ctrl ;) or you can disable grid snapping by holding spacebar, or you can make clever use of the [r]otate tool.
Little_Apple wrote:DnD: the REAL bitfighter levelgen documentation

Santiago ZAP wrote:bob doesn't make new maps, he makes new gamemodes
<<

Quartz

Post Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:46 pm

Uh oh looks like tazinator needs me to make a video guide.

I'll get on it OK?
Exploits of Quartz and bobdaduck - Pleiades Maps
19-year-old Quartz mad about lawn removal
raptor wrote:sometimes I think getting Quartz to use plugins is like getting my mom to use a computer
<<

Fordcars

Post Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:53 pm

bobdaduck wrote:
tazinator wrote:On the ghost server there's a map I want, it's round. it's perfect, and I don't know how to make circles so I'm just gonna paste it.

Often you can type /getmap on a server to download a map. However some servers explicitly disable that (ghost does) so you would be out of luck there.

However you can do circles by using the curve tool (ctrl ;) or you can disable grid snapping by holding spacebar, or you can make clever use of the [r]otate tool.

Smiley power
skybax: Why is this health pack following me?
bobdaduck: uh, it likes you.
<<

tazinator

Post Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:42 pm

bobdaduck wrote:

ummmmmmm

Control and ; are literally too far apart for my fingers
also i don't understand
Play my new level! Two different teams fight over a nexus: One mainly defends while the other attacks! is fun
viewtopic.php?f=33&p=21002#p21002
<<

raptor

Post Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:32 pm

Hi,

Topics like this belong in the 'General Discussion' or other forum, not the 'MetaForum'. The 'MetaForum' is for discussion of the forum itself.

Thanks!
<<

bobdaduck

Global Moderator

Post Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:45 am

Moved to general map/server
Little_Apple wrote:DnD: the REAL bitfighter levelgen documentation

Santiago ZAP wrote:bob doesn't make new maps, he makes new gamemodes

Return to General Map/Server