FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Favorite Maps of All Time

<<

karamazovapy

Post Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:15 pm

Favorite Maps of All Time

List your Favorite Maps of All Time! Pick more than one, less than ten. Here are mine, in alphabetical order:

Arcturus Triple Gakk - Stock
I still think this is one of the most interesting original Zap! maps. There are lots of routes and strategies you can use, the repairables are all worthwhile (without being overloaded), and it's fun to look at. Granted, it's lame with two to four players, but in a real game, there's no substitute!

Bomberman 2.0 - kServ
I just really dig the style of this map and the fact that it's heavily levelgenned. For me, it stays fresh and fun to look at, and the short nexus open time keeps it exciting.

Cosmic Super Highway - kServ
It's not as big or complex as ATG, but I like each of the different routes. The team areas feel defendable without being heavily fortified. It was an early experiment, but I always like playing it.

Cyclops - Germanator
Germanator made this one for the August 2010 Mythology contest, and it makes me smile every time I see it. The gameplay isn't great, but I always get a grin. To complete the effect:
  Code:
LevelName Cyclops
LevelDescription HUNGRY!!!
LevelCredits XxX

Incursion Flags - Qui
This one was an entry for the March 2009 Bitfighter Features contest that was hosted shortly after the Zap! community migrated. In fact, I think it was the first non-Zap!, Bitfighter-only contest! Anyway, I think it makes great use of flag spawns and stays exciting with a well-executed "baseless" approach.

Juggernaut's Run - kServ
I really like the concept behind this one. It was inspired by the old American Gladiators event Break Through And Conquer. I still think it works well, and would be a great map for coordinated team play.

Solar Eclipse - bobdaduck
Just a really solid map, all around. Winner of the original May 2009 Custom Code contest. My only regret on this one is that the corners don't seem to get used as much as they deserve.

Thank You, Drive Thru - Stock
This map is one of the first I played (and have memories of) in the early Zap! days circa 2004. Running the flag in this one is a lesson in deception and trailing phase. Learn to rock TYDT and you learn to rock Bitfighter.

These are my favorite levels. Which ones are yours? Remember, this is a thread about FAVORITE levels, not necessarily the best!
<<

ZoombeR

Post Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:14 am

Re: Favorite Maps of All Time

cheap 10 cents
inslut to injury
<<

dudesteve

Post Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:51 pm

Airlock

When there are 20 people playing all at once, it gets pretty crazy!
Watusimoto - dudesteve -- you're a quick study! Dudesteve - Huh? (Hopelessly confused.)
<<

ZoombeR

Post Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:45 pm

why didn't you vote for it then?
<<

dudesteve

Post Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:31 pm

Uh... I didn't know we were supposed to vote...
Watusimoto - dudesteve -- you're a quick study! Dudesteve - Huh? (Hopelessly confused.)
<<

Little_Apple

Post Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:21 pm

Curly q
It's fun. That is all.
Hee-ho!
<<

ZoombeR

Post Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:57 pm

dudesteve wrote:Uh... I didn't know we were supposed to vote...

it was up during a map design competition, formally known as "Airlock, deserves your vote"
<<

karamazovapy

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:42 am

these all the favorite maps we got?
<<

ZoombeR

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:03 pm

+ allofgibbed <3
<<

Santiago ZAP

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:53 pm

Fast Nexus :D
:zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance:
<<

ZoombeR

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:40 pm

too many flags for me..

and a weak attempt to get rid of engineer
<<

Santiago ZAP

Post Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:50 pm

ZoombeR wrote:too many flags for me..

and a weak attempt to get rid of engineer

Thats the Spirit ! :D
:zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance:
<<

sky_lark

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:17 pm

Hamster's maps were a blast. It's a shame he left on a bad note.

Plumbing is the only one that I can remember the name of, but there were many others.

Endless war and... crap... that other one by the same guy. Yin/yang or something?

Rick's maps on the Gibbed server were fun too.
Follow Bitfighter! FacebookTwitterDiscord
<<

ZoombeR

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:52 pm

sky_lark wrote:Hamster's maps were a blast. It's a shame he left on a bad note.

Plumbing is the only one that I can remember the name of, but there were many others.

Endless war and... crap... that other one by the same guy. Yin/yang or something?

Rick's maps on the Gibbed server were fun too.

like hamster's gun show?
<<

karamazovapy

Post Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:18 pm

sky_lark wrote:Endless war and... crap... that other one by the same guy. Yin/yang or something?

Endless War and Blitz by Philip Turner
<<

ZoombeR

Post Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:59 am

karamazovapy wrote:
sky_lark wrote:Endless war and... crap... that other one by the same guy. Yin/yang or something?

Endless War and Blitz by Philip Turner

the only problem was that if done right, you could just steal all the flags in the enemy base and slowly but surely bring them back to your spawn point. Then you only have to guard the flags in your bases.
<<

ChompyRandom

Post Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:08 pm

ZoombeR wrote:cheap 10 cents
inslut to injury

Wow one map of mine is your favorite?
Are you sure you are not lying?
___━━____━ ╭━━━━━╮
___━━____┗┓|::::::^━━━^
___━━____━┗|:::::|。◕‿‿­­­­◕。|
___━━____━━╰O--O-O--O
<<

ZoombeR

Post Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:12 pm

similar to some of mine and some of others, the breakdown of such a simplistic design of literally a cheap map worth 10 cents of thought actually creates more gameplay than maps that have hours and hours of work and effort put into it have ever gotten near.
<<

Quartz

Post Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:45 pm

Stock: The Tangle Box, Thank You Drive Thru.

A lot of Hamster's maps were good, but there were also many that were severely overrated. Or blinding. (Chess)

Arctic and Sky Lark made some gold together, as well.

However, I will always say clOaKdOoD was by far the best map editor Zap ever had. None of his levels are around anymore, however. He didn't share many, and the few he did either weren't good or disappeared.

See that's the thing with a lot of the good map editors. They are too prideful and keep all of their material to themselves. It's despicable, and in the end they get less glory because they stop playing and then no one has the maps.

I will only say one of mine. I do think I made a lot of pretty decent maps when I did, but there were definitely a lot of pretty lame ones too.
Quartz' Party.
I was always a big fan of any well-made dungeon. Like bobdaduck, we both were actually decent players but still enjoyed dungeons, thus breaking the "dungeons are for noobs" stereotypes.
Anyway, Quartz' Party was sort of my trump card to all the dungeons. It was huge, all the teams could do things, there were about 9,001 different secret paths, it's craziness. I am thinking of revamping it.
Exploits of Quartz and bobdaduck - Pleiades Maps
19-year-old Quartz mad about lawn removal
raptor wrote:sometimes I think getting Quartz to use plugins is like getting my mom to use a computer
<<

karamazovapy

Post Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:18 pm

I disagree with one point. There's nothing wrong with working hard on something and keeping ownership of it. It's nice when people share maps, especially if they're popular, but no where else in society do people expect you to give all your work away for free.
<<

Qui

Post Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:39 pm

It's also relevant to point out that because something is no longer around, it becomes very difficult to disprove any claims made about it. In this case, maps that seemed really good that have since disappeared can easily be proclaimed the best, because they can't be compared with current maps. That said, Cloak's maps were really good.
Qui ckRime
<<

sam686

Post Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:29 pm

Quartz wrote:However, I will always say clOaKdOoD was by far the best map editor Zap ever had. None of his levels are around anymore, however. He didn't share many, and the few he did either weren't good or disappeared.
Do you have a screenshot, or recorded a video of that level? Did you press "Print Screen" and save the screenshot somewhere, then share that screenshot so we can see the level you say that is good?
<<

karamazovapy

Post Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:28 pm

Cloakdood was a person. One of his maps is zonec_tl.level in this thread.
<<

sky_lark

Post Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:23 pm

Quartz wrote:Stock: The Tangle Box, Thank You Drive Thru.

Arctic and Sky Lark made some gold together, as well.

However, I will always say clOaKdOoD was by far the best map editor Zap ever had. None of his levels are around anymore, however. He didn't share many, and the few he did either weren't good or disappeared.

I will only say one of mine. I do think I made a lot of pretty decent maps when I did, but there were definitely a lot of pretty lame ones too.
Quartz' Party.

I liked the Tangle Box, but I think the portals, that allowed you to cut across the map quickly, did more bad than good (IMO).

Define "gold". ;)

cloakdood is still around on YouTube I think (maybe even lurking on Bitfighter); couldn't hurt to ask him if he still has any maps.

I liked Quartz Party, you should definitely make a remake! :D
Follow Bitfighter! FacebookTwitterDiscord
<<

ZoombeR

Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:24 am

Quartz wrote:However, I will always say clOaKdOoD was by far the best map editor Zap ever had. None of his levels are around anymore, however. He didn't share many, and the few he did either weren't good or disappeared.

Well, I do have his old very first gambit ctf map, so i suppose that counts technically.
<<

Opti

Post Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:20 pm

OPTI'S EPIK TOP 3 BEST BITFIGHTER LEVELS!

Here they are in order from worst to best :D

3. Super Bitfighter Bros. by DrSpaceBar

2. Fast Nexus by Little Apple, Hum~, ME :D (Opti) And lots more..

1. Revenge of Captan Morgan by CrazyLinuxNerd

There ya go!
i got a rattlesnake gun.
<<

+[Kuartificated]+

Post Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:33 pm

cloakdood is still around on YouTube I think (maybe even lurking on Bitfighter)

He actually played with ZoombeR and ainkin.
His name was L.O.L. it is true, if you dont believe me watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tBpD5QH ... ature=plcp. it is cloakdood's
<<

Santiago ZAP

Post Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:29 pm

Re: OPTI'S EPIK TOP 3 BEST BITFIGHTER LEVELS!

Opti wrote:2. Fast Nexus by Little Apple, Hum~, ME :D (Opti) And lots more..

There ya go!

CRAAAAAAAAAAAP OOOOOOPPPPPPPPPTTTTTTTTIIIIIIIIII
I actually did teh map.
and ty for liking the map :P
and l_a didnt made the maap
<<

Little_Apple

Post Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:10 pm

I made the map good.
Hee-ho!
<<

cloakdood

Post Sat May 12, 2012 10:39 am

Quartz wrote:He didn't share many, and the few he did either weren't good or disappeared

I gave them to sky_lark
<<

Quartz

Post Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:05 am

karamazovapy wrote:I disagree with one point. There's nothing wrong with working hard on something and keeping ownership of it. It's nice when people share maps, especially if they're popular, but no where else in society do people expect you to give all your work away for free.
I never did "expect" it, but there were times where it got a little excessive how possessive he was. I had a friend on Halo who was like this too.

Of course I'm replying to something ages old, I've heard you are pretty well gone now, _k. Which is cool because I'm pretty sure you just enjoyed disagreeing with me more than anything else in the world.

sky_lark wrote:I liked the Tangle Box, but I think the portals, that allowed you to cut across the map quickly, did more bad than good (IMO).

Define "gold". ;)

cloakdood is still around on YouTube I think (maybe even lurking on Bitfighter); couldn't hurt to ask him if he still has any maps.

I liked Quartz Party, you should definitely make a remake! :D

Yeah, I think I did an edit of The Tangle Box where I made the portals less impressive.

Ahahah, I don't remember... I don't think you two tended to make good "serious" maps, but you guys made some random fun levels that I recall greatly enjoying.

True that. Heyyy, what do you know what's right above me hahaha.

Thanks dude, glad to hear that. Idc where exactly I am on that ... fail.
Exploits of Quartz and bobdaduck - Pleiades Maps
19-year-old Quartz mad about lawn removal
raptor wrote:sometimes I think getting Quartz to use plugins is like getting my mom to use a computer
<<

CleverBot

Post Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:40 pm

Quartz wrote:Of course I'm replying to something ages old, I've heard you are pretty well gone now, _k. Which is cool because I'm pretty sure you just enjoyed disagreeing with me more than anything else in the world.

I disagree. :D

Return to General Map/Server