FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Post Cool-down Timer; Auto-locking

<<

FoOtloOse

Post Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:38 pm

Post Cool-down Timer; Auto-locking

I think it would be good to implement a 5 minute or so cool-down timer for posts. So, for 5 minutes your post sits and chills out in a queue, while you can check it over for grammar or whatever. After 5 minutes your post would upload, thus becoming public. It would also limit it so you can only post once every 5 minutes. It could help in preventing spam, while also helping you decide if you really want to post it.

Also, could we have topics auto-lock after a certain number of days/months/years?
pengu? pengu!
<<

raptor

Post Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:14 pm

Re: Post Cool-down Timer; Auto-locking

Researching it...
<<

amgine

Post Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:15 pm

Its fine as is.

Sometimes a really good idea on the thread gets ignored and needs attention but instead of having to clog the forums up with new topics it would be better to jsut be able to post on them....So no for auto locking

As for post limiting there is no reason to limit all users from posting instead those who are abusing it should be punished like be prevented from posting or have there posting limited for a while but only in extreme cases like a player filling the threads with advertisements or creating threads with nothing but spam for 10 posts, Topics with inappropriate content, violating the law, harassing players non stop ect.
Bitfighter Forever.
<<

furbuggy

Post Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:17 pm

I like the idea. I feel like some users post a little too much and crowd out the other voices in the community. It'd be a good way to remind me that I'm going a little post crazy myself.
BAM! I'm back.
<<

amgine

Post Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:28 am

Perhaps it is not a issue of one person posting to much but other people not posting enough as I know there are times where people can go a good several weeks without a post.

Also isnt the point of a forum to Post your ideas and thoughts on the game and isnt punishing those who are helping to construct the game wrong especially when there are people who are posting off topic and being rude to other users?

Also Like I said why should everyone be punished for the actions of one person shouldnt only the main offender be punished?

Perhaps have a old thread archive where if threads have not been posted on for so long they go there and players can request to a moderater or a admin to revive if if there is a good reason.
Bitfighter Forever.
<<

Little_Apple

Post Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:35 pm

amgine wrote:Perhaps it is not a issue of one person posting to much but other people not posting enough as I know there are times where people can go a good several weeks without a post.

It's better to not read anything than to have to read a whole lot of nothing.
Hee-ho!
<<

Skybax

Post Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:05 pm

Little_Apple wrote:
amgine wrote:Perhaps it is not a issue of one person posting to much but other people not posting enough as I know there are times where people can go a good several weeks without a post.
It's better to not read anything than to have to read a whole lot of nothing.

All of your recent post have been just little nuggets of wisdom and your profile picture fits perfectly and I love it.

amgine wrote:isnt punishing those who are helping to construct the game wrong
Posting your opinion about the recent post after every post doesn't count as "helping to construct the game"
raptor wrote:Sorry Skybax, I hijacked your signature so I could post lots of info.
Whittling While wrote:Does this mean I finally get quoted in someone's signature?
watusimoto wrote:Who are the devs around here?!?
<<

sky_lark

Post Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:46 am

Cool ideas. Maybe it's just me, but I don't get locking threads for any reason other than spam or excessing arguing. Sometimes it's nice to revisit an old idea, even if it's gone years without a post. Or sometimes a thread will seem dead at one point but an opportunity for a post will crop up later. There's no harm in keeping threads open!
Follow Bitfighter! FacebookTwitterDiscord
<<

amgine

Post Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:37 pm

Umm isnt posting your opionions and ideas and having a conversation about it the "point" of a forum?

I agree with skylark with one exception sometimes posts and ideas are only relevent to a specific build and no longer relevant to the game I think those should be auto locked ( Like a long fixed bug or a feature that was implented.)
Bitfighter Forever.
<<

watusimoto

Site Admin

Post Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:52 pm

I dislike thread locking... unless it involves screws and a small bottle of locktite.
<<

amgine

Post Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:40 pm

Sorry watusimoto what does that mean are you not for it unless it can be easily done or you just saying no?
Bitfighter Forever.
<<

Skybax

Post Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:58 pm

He's saying he dislikes the very notion of locking threads
raptor wrote:Sorry Skybax, I hijacked your signature so I could post lots of info.
Whittling While wrote:Does this mean I finally get quoted in someone's signature?
<<

Quartz

Post Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:28 pm

Or we could just limit the number of posts amgine can make on the daily.

Elephant in the room is my middle name.
Exploits of Quartz and bobdaduck - Pleiades Maps
19-year-old Quartz mad about lawn removal
raptor wrote:sometimes I think getting Quartz to use plugins is like getting my mom to use a computer
<<

amgine

Post Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:36 pm

Alright

I think limiting posts for players could be a bad thing due to the fact it may hurt peoples willingness to post ideas thoughts or improvements for the game If they type out a long well thought out post and then are told they cant post or if everyone complains at a person because they are about the community and try to support it by posting there ideas especially if the other people are not posting much in the first place and then everyone starts posting hatefully posting at people for posting alot at that person doesn't help either.

anyways just my thoughts
Bitfighter Forever.
<<

Skybax

Post Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:01 pm

We already know your thoughts because there's never an occasion where you don't make a point to let everyone know them
<<

sky_lark

Post Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:49 am

Amgine breathes life into a game that might as well be dead. I can come on here any day of the week and there will be new topics to discuss. It wasn't always that way. I don't agree with all of his ideas, but I think limiting his (or anyone's) post count because of mild annoyance is counterproductive and unfair.
Follow Bitfighter! FacebookTwitterDiscord
<<

Fordcars

Post Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:44 pm

sky_lark wrote:Amgine breathes life into a game that might as well be dead. I can come on here any day of the week and there will be new topics to discuss. It wasn't always that way. I don't agree with all of his ideas, but I think limiting his (or anyone's) post count because of mild annoyance is counterproductive and unfair.
skybax: Why is this health pack following me?
bobdaduck: uh, it likes you.
<<

amgine

Post Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:47 am

Here is a thought maybe there could be topic locking on a moderaters basis as some threads such as bugs were long fixed or are no longer a issue could be put in some sort of a archive or any topics for say features that were implemented which would help players know they have been implemented and avoid many duplicate threads....
Last edited by amgine on Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bitfighter Forever.
<<

Quartz

Post Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:13 pm

sky_lark wrote:Amgine breathes life into a game that might as well be dead. I can come on here any day of the week and there will be new topics to discuss. It wasn't always that way. I don't agree with all of his ideas, but I think limiting his (or anyone's) post count because of mild annoyance is counterproductive and unfair.

Mild annoyance. Yeah … The drama he tried so hard to incite in my contest was totally just a mild annoyance.

He doesn't breath life into the game more or less than anyone else -- you can maybe argue he breathes life into the forum -- but not the game.
Exploits of Quartz and bobdaduck - Pleiades Maps
19-year-old Quartz mad about lawn removal
raptor wrote:sometimes I think getting Quartz to use plugins is like getting my mom to use a computer
<<

amgine

Post Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:41 pm

Dude there was extreme circumstances that forced my hand on that contest and that was taken care of drop it.

I disagree I do breath life into the Game as well as the forum I am VERY often on just idling in the lobby to get peoples attention and to get games/groups going (Which usually works.) And have hosted contests (which failed badly no one participated) and a party before (that went great) (spoiler im hosting another one soon.) And I am constantly suggesting ideas for improvements for the game many which despite the Developers saying they would not do it end up doing anyways later. and help Beta test builds for bugs/crashes as well as find and report current bugs and crashes so yes I would say I do contribute to this game.

Also Lets not turn this into a hate thread yes ? I believe the topic is if there should be post limiting and topic auto locking.
Bitfighter Forever.

Return to MetaForum