The latest Bitfighter releases are listed here. All releases and change history can be viewed on the releases page.
Latest Release: 019b
Release Date: 07 March 2014
Ubuntu and Mint Users
The Debian packages, available here
, will work for both Ubuntu and Mint.
Other Linux Users
Bitfighter is built for x86 and x86_64 architectures on these platforms:
If you want to build Bitfighter for a different platform, building information can be found in the wiki.
Changes for 019b
This is a quick bugfix release mostly to address the broken Windows updater, some rare crashes, and some Lua API issues.
- New Lua plugin method to manipulate the editor UI
- Fix a few crashes
- Fix a memory error
- Lua: Fix bf:findObjectById() in editor plugins
- Lua: Fix teleporter not being triggered when ship is placed on it
- Lua: Fix TextItem/LineItem not updating clients with new geometry when changed
- Script menu hotkey changed to F4 (from F9)
- Network performance improvements with some items changing geometry
All project source and relevant support files can be found on the project's Google Code server.