The latest Bitfighter releases are listed here. All releases and change history can be viewed on the releases page.
Latest Release: 019c
Release Date: 01 April 2014
Bitfighter has been built for the following distributions. Some may not contain the latest version of Bitfighter:
Ubuntu and Mint Users
The Debian packages, available here, should work for both Ubuntu and Mint.
Other Linux Users
If you want to build Bitfighter for a different platform, building information can be found here in the wiki.
Changes for 019c
This is a another bugfix release mostly to address a major crash in the Lua API.
- Vertex-edit mode in the editor. Press 'insert' to toggle (default on)
- New editor plugin: Polywallify - correctly convert barriers to PolyWalls using their outlines
- Fixed a severe crash with Lua scripts
- Lua documentation fixes
- Fixed notifier crash when losing internet connectivity
- Possible fix for really high ping problems
- Fixed /rate command
- Fixed /mprev command
- Fixed /add command response
- Fixed autologin setting
- Editor: Fixed game timer seconds loss
- Editor: Fixed tab-completion of file names with special characters on the level-select screen
- Editor: Fixed scale tool with super large PolyWalls
- Editor: Fixed crash with global chat
- Editor: Fixed centroid calculation with LineItems
- Editor: Various plugin fixes
- Verify author field is filled out before uploading to pleiades
- Un-mix file delimiters in paths on Windows
All project source and relevant support files can be found on the project's Google Code server.