64-bit Installer (experimental)
Portable Archive (unzip and play)
Intel 64 bit (OSX 10.6+)
Standalone x86/x86_64 (experimental; GLIBC 2.7)
Bitfighter is built by the following 3rd-party packagers (they may not have the latest version).
If you want to build Bitfighter for a different platform, building information can be found in the wiki.
Classic Level Map Pack. Good old levels from Zap!
This is mostly a bugfix release.
New Features and Improvements
- New GameController/Joystick subsystem with many more joysticks supported
- Spy bugs are hexagonal
- Armor heal rate is reduced
- Editor: Can set teleporter delay
- Voting can use /y or /n
- Updated fonts throughout game
- Game playback UI and control improvements
- Other help and menu improvements and clarifications
- Lua API: new events onCoreDestroyed, onObjectEnteredZone, onObjectLeftZone
- Lua API: new FloatCounterMenuItem for editor plugins
- Fix several crashes in Windows 10
- Music system fails less often
- Player names show correctly with /shuffle command
- Sensor animation is disabled since it is a passive module
- Voting resets properly on level change
- Fix some robot zone crashes
- Robots properly trigger events when entering/leaving zones
- Fix game time updating with levelgens
- Fix crash with /pm and unknown player name
- Fix awful editor bug that would overwrite files
- Fix crash with undoing a teleporter move with a plugin
- OSX PPC support is dropped. Bitfighter 019e is the last supported version for this platform
- SDL 1.2 support is dropped
All project source and relevant support files can be found on the project's github page. https://github.com/bitfighter/bitfighter/