This page will show you how to set up a new joystick or gamecontroller for Bitfighter.
- Download the controller map utility
- Make sure you have only one joystick or controller plugged in.
- Launch the controllermap utility and follow the instructions to map your controller buttons
- When done a long, single line of text like this will be shown:
030000006d04000016c2000010010000,Logitech Logitech Dual Action,platform:Linux,a:b1,b:b2,x:b0,y:b3,back:b8,start:b9,dpup:h0.1,dpdown:h0.8,dpleft:h0.2,dpright:h0.4,-leftx:a0,+leftx:a1,-lefty:a0,righttrigger:b7,
- Add this text to a new line into the file called usergamecontrollerdb.txt found in your Bitfighter preferences folder found at:
- Windows: %appdata%\Bitfighter\
- MacOS X: ~/Library/Preferences/Bitfighter/
- Linux: ~/.bitfighter/
- Send the text to the bitfighter developers (firstname.lastname@example.org) or post it in the forums. We will add it into the next game release.