Hosting a Dedicated Server in OS X
You can host a dedicated server on Mac without building any files.
- First, locate your game
- Right click on it, and select an option called "show package contents"
- Navigate through Contents > MacOS > Bitfighter
- Open the application terminal, located in Applications > Utilities
- Drag the bitfighter executable into the terminal window
- After that is done, type a space, and then input -dedicated
- No game window will open, but your server will be up. Open your game and join a game to see.
Along with -dedicated, you can specify other options too (or just do this in your ini file). Any of the commands on the following page, can be typed in before pressing enter.
- You might have to drag the "bitfighter.sh" file into Terminal instead
- If you are using -levels and having an error, make -levels be the last option set in Terminal
- Try removing quotes around -hostname, -adminpassword, and other similar options